Re: E: aircrack-ng: FSSTND-dir-in-usr usr/man/

Justin Pryzby a écrit :

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 12:20:38AM +0200, Le_Vert wrote:
Hello,

It seems that debian has change its policies about manpages directories
hierarchy.

Lintian gives me an error if I install manpages
into /usr/share/man/man1/. So I read the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
2.1 and moved manpages into /usr/share/man/en/man1/.
The "FSSTND" is perhaps obsoleted in favor of the FHS.

What was the first error?

Justin

When I installed the manpage in usual directory (/usr/share/man/man1) I got :
E: aircrack-ng: FSSTND-dir-in-usr usr/man/
N:
N:   As of policy version 3.0.0.0, Debian no longer follows the FSSTND.
N:  N:   Instead, the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS), version 2.1, is
N:   used. You can find it in /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/fhs/ .
N:

So I read the FHS and I understood (maybe I'm wrong) that the manpages should be moved in /usr/share/man/en/man1. So I did... And now I get lintian's warinings :

W: aircrack-ng: binary-without-english-manpage aircrack-ng
N:
N:   Each binary in /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /bin, /sbin or /usr/games should
N:   have a manual page. You don't provide an english, only a translated
N:   manpage. Since english is fallback, shipping only a non-english man
N:   page leaves most users without a man page at all.
N:
W: aircrack-ng: binary-without-english-manpage airdecap-ng
W: aircrack-ng: binary-without-english-manpage aireplay-ng
W: aircrack-ng: binary-without-english-manpage airmon-ng
W: aircrack-ng: binary-without-english-manpage airodump-ng
W: aircrack-ng: binary-without-english-manpage arpforge-ng
W: aircrack-ng: binary-without-english-manpage ivstools

I don't really understand...
Thanks ;-)