Re: Problem with debuild and changelog

Gruesse!
* Eddy Petri?or <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> schrieb am [12.04.06 17:39]:

> > Then i run autogen.sh which builds a changelog from the above template. Or i
> > create a new with dch --create foo bar
>
> autogen does not have to do with debian/changelog;

Here it has. The run of autogen.sh creates the debian/changelog from the
template debian/changelog.in. For explain (my english ist not the best)
if i mentioned template debian/changelog.in i mean it is already in the source
tree; not on my system.

> dch is fine (did
> you used dh_make? is easier that way)

No, cause this package comes from an cvs root and is already a
debian-native source (erg. debian/* exist). I wish to backport this for
stable.

But there must be some heavy mistakes in the debian-Tree and also in the
source root Makefile/Configure/autogen scripts.

> > If then build only the binarys with:
> > debuild binary
> > it's all ok.
>
> I wonder how is that possible

In debian/rules is the entry (for configure:):
test -x autogen.sh && ./autogen.sh $(CONFIGUREOPTS) || ./configure $(CON
FIGUREOPTS)

This calls ./configure which generates the debian/changelog mentioned
above because in configure.in in AC_OUTPUT is "debian/changelog"

And debuild binary doesn't run any "clean" rule in debian/rules. But
debuild does this clean and delete the debian/changelog - and so we are
still at the beginning of the problem ;-)

For test i delete the complete debian dir in the source tree and make a
new with dh_make. Same problem:
a ./configure or autogen.sh deletes the debian/changlog again.

It comes from this f**cky
CONFIG_CLEAN_FILES = e_modules.spec debian/changelog
in Makefile.in

And i have no idea who or what creates this entry. Thats my problem.

> only one, you use a broken model

Sure, but how to fix this? These packages are the enlightenment e17
release from their cvs and most packages in there have this problem.

Greetings
	Gerhard
--
Standards sind eine tolle Sache.