Re: MinGW cross compiled library packages for Debian
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: MinGW cross compiled library packages for Debian
- From: Volker Grabsch <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:41:03 +0100
- Message-id: <20060321134103.GA27570@vlaptop.vlnet>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20060309123604.GA17250@vlaptop.vlnet> <email@example.com>
On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 09:35:03PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > 3.3) Using precompiled binaries.
> I don't think this is a good idea, and would probably get your package
> rejected by the ftpmasters.
I've written tools to produce such a conversion. See:
I'll also create Debian packages of it when I find more spare time.
Also, I filtered out all library packages of GnuWin32 and used my tools
to provide an inofficial API repository:
Currently, there are "only" the 22 GnuWin32 library-development packages.
(there are 24, but 2 of them simply don't work)
Later, I'll add self-compiled packages, too. Maybe from pristine
sources, maybe from Debian sources using dpkg-cross. We'll see.
I'd be glad if someone could take a look into this repository and into
the Debian packages. Is there anything "unclean"? Any suggestions what
could be improved?