Re: Looking for sponsors

Hello Panu,

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 13:43 +0200, Panu Kalliokoski wrote:
> Hello, I'm interested in becoming a debian developer and I'm looking for

Welcome!

> sponsors.  I'm not sure what else I should say; I'm willing to answer
> any questions.  The new maintainer's guide says I should find sponsors
> for my packages (or fixes, translations, etc., which I haven't made)
> before applying for NM, so I'm doing that now.

That's right, but it's customary to look for a sponsor on a
package-by-package basis, i.e.: if you have some package finished and
think it's ready for upload, post a message to this list with a
description of the package and where it can be found.

On a related note, at the location you specified I can only find binary
packages (.deb). For successful sponsoring, you need to provide the full
source packages (.dsc, .diff.gz, .orig.tar.gz). The .deb itself is not
really needed, even, since the sponsor will rebuild the package from the
source.

Good luck,

Thijs