Re: Resolving a bug when the maintainer is unwilling to

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 16:20 +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I could use some advice on bug 307833 (and its duplicates) against
> apt-file. Please see the buglog for full context, especially my most
> recent message from Jan 26th.
>
> In short, apt-file doesn't work out of the box because it requires curl
> but doesn't depend on it. I think that should be changed, the maintainer
> thinks it should not. The maintainer has literally said "discussion
> closed" and didn't recently respond to the bug.
>
> My question is what to do now. From my view, I can do either of the
> following options: nothing, nmu, refer to the technical committee. What
> would be most appropriate?
>

> thanks,
> Thijs

This was discussed on -devel last month.  Please refer to:

In this thread, it is discussed that an NMU is not the correct thing to
do just becuase someone disagrees with the maintainer.  Seems like -ctte
is the correct thing to do.  I'm frankly suprised nobody has written
-ctte yet.  It seems obvious to me that this bug should be RC.

-stew