Resolving a bug when the maintainer is unwilling to

Hello all,

I could use some advice on bug 307833 (and its duplicates) against
apt-file. Please see the buglog for full context, especially my most
recent message from Jan 26th.

In short, apt-file doesn't work out of the box because it requires curl
but doesn't depend on it. I think that should be changed, the maintainer
thinks it should not. The maintainer has literally said "discussion
closed" and didn't recently respond to the bug.

My question is what to do now. From my view, I can do either of the
following options: nothing, nmu, refer to the technical committee. What
would be most appropriate?

thanks,
Thijs