Re: RFC/RFS: PyKaraoke

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 20:41 +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
>  PyKaraoke is a free karaoke player. You can use this program to play your
>  collection of CDG, MIDI and MPEG karaoke songs.
>
>  This package includes the command-line programs to play CDG files, MIDI/KAR
>  files and MPEG files.
> My packages are available at http://baby.yi.org/packages/pykaraoke/

Some issues:

Your debian/control should not depend directly on "python", but use
"${python:Depends}" and call dh_python in its binary-indep target. You
also need to Build-Depend on Python.

You patch the upstream source in a number of places. The reasons seem
good, but you also moved the cdgBorderPreset function which makes the
diff unnecessarily hard to check. Also,
"self.FileName[len(self.FileName)-1]" is much clearer as just
"self.FileName[-1]". If you haven't sent the changes upstream, you
probably should.

debian/copyright lists the authors and the license, but does not have a
proper copyright notice. Looking at the source, it seems to be
"Copyright (C) 2005  Kelvin Lawson (kelvinl@users.sourceforge.net)". The
source also specifies LGPL 2.1, but debian/copyright says LGPL 2.

Once these are fixed, I would be happy to sponsor this.

Just a warning (for you and upstream, if you didn't know) -- Pygame's
MPEG support, and pygame.mixer.music in general, are both very flakey.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>