bug pages and source packages

Hi Mentors!

Since I didn't get an answer as d-d, I try it here ... Hope I have more
luck!

----- Forwarded message from Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> -----

> From: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
> Subject: bug pages and source packages
> To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
> Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:57:20 +0100
>
> HI all!
>
> When I go to
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=info
> it tells me
> 	... to the source package texinfo's bug page ...
>
> But when I go to
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=texlive-base-bin
> I don't see te link to the source package.
>
> Furthermore, bugs in the binary packages from src=texlive-bin do *not*
> occur on the qa.debian.org/developer.php page.

E.g.:
Bug nr 352092 is reported to texlive-pdfetex, which is build from
texlive-bin source package. But on the bug page:
	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=texlive-bin
nothing mentions this bug!

> Is the reason for this that the texlive packages are in experimental and
> not in unstable?
>
> Thanks a lot for any explanations!

----- End forwarded message -----

Best wishes

Norbert

MEATH (adj.)
Warm and very slightly clammy. Descriptive of the texture of your
hands after the automatic drying machine has turned itself off, just
damp enough to make it embarrassing if you have to shake hands with
someone immediately afterwards.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff