Re: RFS: treeline and treeline-i18n

Hi Dato :)

 --- Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> escribió:

> * Miriam Ruiz [Thu, 02 Feb 2006 09:31:22 +0100]:
>
> Hi,
>
> > My packages can temporarily be found at:
> http://baby.yi.org/packages/treeline/
>
>   The packages look good. I can upload them, these are my only concerns:

Thanks :)

>   (1) As per upstream's require.html, the spell checker is not an
>       absolute dependency, and aspell is normally preferred. What about
>       this?:
>
>         -Depends: python, python-qt3, ispell, ${misc:Depends}
>         +Depends: python, python-qt3, ${misc:Depends}
>         +Recommends: aspell | ispell

Yes you're right. That may be more sensible. I've updated it.

>   (2) [minor suggestion, I don't mind leaving it as is] I'd personally
>       leave the end of this sentence out of the Debian description.
>
>         TreeLine is written in Python and uses the PyQt bindings to the Qt
>       - toolkit, which makes it very portable.
>       + toolkit.

I don't really mind too much, I've corrected it as it might be redundant for
the description. It might be of interest to users knowing that they can be
able to take their data files (xml) to many systems, but the last words
probably are redundant with the rest of the sentence.

>   (3)
>
> > Package: treeline-i18n
>
>   Despite upstream shipping these two in separate tarballs, two separate
>   binaries _and_ source seems an overkill to me. Perhaps other -mentors
>   readers will disagree, but I'd look into shipping the translations in
>   the treeline package itself (most packages do ship translations
>   themselves, don't they?). This would mean repackaging, though.

I found it overkill too, I was just not sure whether to repackage it (maybe
putting original .tgz files inside a .orig.tar.gz?) or to leave them as they
are. Do you think it might be better to repackage them? If I repackaged the
original tarballs, would it be better to have just one binary?

>   Cheers,

Greetings,
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.