Re: RFS: treeline and treeline-i18n

* Miriam Ruiz [Thu, 02 Feb 2006 09:31:22 +0100]:

Hi,

> My packages can temporarily be found at: http://baby.yi.org/packages/treeline/

  The packages look good. I can upload them, these are my only concerns:

  (1) As per upstream's require.html, the spell checker is not an
      absolute dependency, and aspell is normally preferred. What about
      this?:

        -Depends: python, python-qt3, ispell, ${misc:Depends}
        +Depends: python, python-qt3, ${misc:Depends}
        +Recommends: aspell | ispell

  (2) [minor suggestion, I don't mind leaving it as is] I'd personally
      leave the end of this sentence out of the Debian description.

        TreeLine is written in Python and uses the PyQt bindings to the Qt
      - toolkit, which makes it very portable.
      + toolkit.

  (3)

> Package: treeline-i18n

  Despite upstream shipping these two in separate tarballs, two separate
  binaries _and_ source seems an overkill to me. Perhaps other -mentors
  readers will disagree, but I'd look into shipping the translations in
  the treeline package itself (most packages do ship translations
  themselves, don't they?). This would mean repackaging, though.

  Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                     Listening to: Lighthouse Family - Let it all change