Re: [RFS] OptiPNG - advanced PNG (Portable Network Graphics) optimizer

* Nelson A. de Oliveira <naoliv@gmail.com> [060126 17:16]:
> I am searching for a sponsor for OptiPNG.
>
> Files can be obtained from:
> http://biolinux.df.ibilce.unesp.br/naoliv/optipng/ and it will close
> ITP #347993.

I won't sponser it myself, as I do not understand cdbs, but some hints:

It does not compile with -g and is linked with -s.
The later because you miss to give it proper LDFLAGS (i.e. without -s)
the first because the Makefile is called with those in the environment
CFLAGS="-g -Wall -O2" CXXFLAGS="-g -Wall -O2" make  -f scripts/gcc-syslib.mak
but it overwrites them with
CFLAGS  = -O2 -Wall
LDFLAGS = -s

The easiest way is to simply put them after the call to make. (and place
a LDFLAGS="" there fixed the other problem, too).
that is instead of "CFLAGS=bla make" do a "make CFLAGS=bla LDFLAGS="

Things like lintian or linda cannot catch this, as the binaries are
stripped by dh_strip so the resulting binaries do not differ, but if
anyone has a problem with your program and wants to build and debug it,
he first has to patch the Makefile to get the correct flags.
For further reference see section 10.1 of the policy.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link