Re: RFS: dsbltesters

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 14:10, Al Nikolov wrote:
> Package: dsbltesters
> License: GPL
> Upstream Authors: Rik van Riel, Ian Gulliver, Ron Guilmette, Fred Smith
>
> This package contains testing software configured to work with
> the DSBL (http://dsbl.org/) or DSBL-compliant services.  It
> enables you to send tests to servers based on spam that you
> receive.  If those tests succeed, the results will reach the
> DSBL host in question, and the relay will be listed.
>
> It can be downloaded from:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dsbltesters/

I'd be generally willing to sponsor it, but...

- Please close the WNPP bug 273204 which you opened yourself
  one and a half year ago.
- Please use the current standards version.
- The copyright file should contain the years of copyright.
- There has been long time no change. Did you contact the upstream
  to make sure the software is still maintained?
- Installing the README file doesn't seem to add any value for the
  end-user.
- The upstream tarball I just fetched from the web site has another
  md5 checksum than the orig.tar.gz you provide. How come?
  At a first "diff -r" glance the two files have many differences.
- The package is not lintian clean. Three issues there.

Please fix that first.

Kindly
 Christoph
--
Never trust a system administrator who wears a tie and suit.