Re: ITP vexim

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:44:59 -0500, Justin Pryzby
<justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>You can't just overwrite exim4-config's conffiles.  I *think* you can
>Provide: exim4-config, but only if you also Conflict: exim4-config.

The exim4 maintainer insists that vexim completely replaces
exim4-config, so that bug reports against vexim go to the vexim
maintainer or can easily be identified as vexim issues if they get
filed against exim4.

In exim4's README.Debian, it is mentioned how to replace exim4-config,
and the exim4 svn has two examples of packages which do this in a
greaceful matter. Daniel has been pointed to that README.Debian file
multiple times and has obviously not yet bothered to read it.

>Do you intend to Depend: exim4?

He needs to Depend on exim4-daemon-heavy since vexim is database
driven. I recommend that he models his dependencies as closely as
possible to exim4-config or the two example packages found in exim4
svn.

>How do you deal with the exim4 "conf.d" model vs the exim4.conf model?

If he replaces exim4-config, he doesn't need to deal with it.

>Your rules file doesn't function at all with dpkg-buildpackage or any
>other Debian tools :)
>
>sed -i -e 's/virtuel/virtual/; s/configuratin/configuration/;' ./debian/control
>
>Standards-Version: 2.2.rc1
>
>That doesn't mean what you think it does :)  It is a version of Debian
>policy document, not of your package.

omg.

Greetings
Marc