Re: understand dpatch

On Sunday 22 January 2006 18:34, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> I have a dpatch file, attached to this email.
> If I just remove the "dpatch headers" and run it with the conventional
> "patch" utility, I have no problems. The files get patched, without no
> errors.
>
> But when using it to build a package, with dpatch, (after having putting
> the dpatch headers), then I get these errors.
>
> What could be the problem? encoding errors? Or what else?
>
> mihamina-debian>>>>dpatch apply-all --verbose
> applying patch deb-zopeconf to ./ ...
> patching file Zope/skel/bin/runzope.in
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 3.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> Zope/skel/bin/runzope.in.rej

Looks like the patch didn't fit in here. Bit strange though. Could be the
order of patches perhaps.

To get working dpatches I recommend using the 'dpatch-edit-patch' command.
While you are in the "edit" session you can apply patches as you are used
to (with the "patch" command). Once you leave the session the changes will
be written into a dpatch-compliant file. See the man page. And remember to
create an "unpatch" target in your rules file.

Kindly
 Christoph
--
Never trust a system administrator who wears a tie and suit.