Request for mentor

Dear List,
I am a new Debian developer who would like to contribute to make our great
distribution ever better.

Let me briefly introduce myself: I am a Debian user since long time (the first
distribution I used was hamm, 2.0) and I always found Debian a step ahead
compared to the other Linux Distributions.
Since the last year I started look at my Linux Box in a "developer" view,
compiling and packaging software that were not originally distributed in my
Sarge distribution.
Now I would like to put such effort available to the community and I decided
to jump in: I looked at the documentation required and I would like to a
mentor assigned.

Is there anyone willing to became my mentor and help me became an official
developer?

Thanks again.
Ciao
Ale