Re: Lintian Warnings and Modifying Upstream Source

Am Samstag, den 21.01.2006, 13:15 -0800 schrieb Cameron Dale:
> I'm trying to create a new package for Debian, and I have some Lintian
> warnings that I'm not sure how to deal with. [..]
>
> W: torrentflux: extra-license-file var/www/torrentflux/adodb/license.txt
>
> The first 4 are easily fixed by removing the files. The last one is a
> little more problematic, but I asked on debian-legal, and as the
> license file is for the LGPL, then the package can redistribute it
> under the GPL, and I think that means I can remove the license file.
>
> I've asked upstream to remove these files, but no response yet.

debian/copyright is the file which should contain all license
information. So add the related information (which part of the package
is affected, under which license this part is released, the short
license and a link to /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL) to
debian/copyright and remove license.txt from the resulting binary
package, but not from the source.

Regards, Daniel