Lintian Warnings and Modifying Upstream Source

I'm trying to create a new package for Debian, and I have some Lintian
warnings that I'm not sure how to deal with. I know I could fix all of
them by removing some files from the upstream source, but I'm not sure
if this is justified. I read the "Best Packaging Practices" section of
the Developer's Reference, and I'm still just not sure if these
qualify as a good reason. Here are the warnings:

I: torrentflux source: cvsignore-file-in-source
TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/.cvsignore
I: torrentflux source: cvsignore-file-in-source
TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/BT1/.cvsignore
W: torrentflux source: source-contains-CVS-dir TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/BT1/CVS
W: torrentflux source: source-contains-CVS-dir TF_BitTornado/BitTornado/CVS
W: torrentflux: extra-license-file var/www/torrentflux/adodb/license.txt

The first 4 are easily fixed by removing the files. The last one is a
little more problematic, but I asked on debian-legal, and as the
license file is for the LGPL, then the package can redistribute it
under the GPL, and I think that means I can remove the license file.

I've asked upstream to remove these files, but no response yet.

Cameron Dale