Re: patches application

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 14:09 -0600, John Lightsey wrote:
> 1) You should have "unpatch" added to "clean".  Look at the way it's
> done in /usr/share/doc/dpatch/examples/rules/rules.new.non-dh.gz
I got this:

$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is zope2.9
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 2.9.0-2
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by  <mihamina@rktmb.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dpatch  deapply-all
reverting patch deb-zopeconf from ./ ... failed.
make: *** [unpatch] Error 1

I dont understand why reverting, nothing was patched yet.
What should be the form of the "reverting patch"?

Then I also made the modification quoted below, but I think the proces
did not reach till there.

> 2) You should change "patch-stamp" to "patch"
> 3) Fix the clean target.  It doesn't remove the build/ directory.

Thank you for teaching me.

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.