Re: How to close Bugs in experimental

Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Armin Berres wrote:
>
>>>Well, what was the argument agains closing it with appropriate version
>>>information, possibly taging the unstable version as not containing the
>>>bug? (I'd really like to know what is wrong with this course of action.)
>

>>The point is: there is no Initng version in unstable at all. It lives
>>_only_ in experimental.
>>That's why I think it should be ok to close the bug.
>

> Where is the contradiction to closing the bug with the version
> information? Version information also works in experimental and you'll
> likely not have lower versions than those containing the bug in unstable?

Maybe I don't understand you or you don't understand me.
There is no Initng version in unstable! The benefit I see from closing
the bug completely is that it will vanish from the statistic. In the
whole Debian project exist no package with this bug so why should it
stay opened? Or lets say why should it appear only closed in
experimental? No Initng version is in unstable so it is also closed in
unstable this way ;)

Regards,
Armin