Re: fixing a bug via NMU

Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 01:03:32PM +0100, Bjoern Boschman wrote:
>>I'd like to close on of the xlibs-dev bugs, but I've never done an NMU
>>before.
> This is because "NMU" stands for "non-maintainer upload", and you don't
> appear to be a DD, therefore it's not possible for you to upload --
> non-maintainer or otherwise.  A DD will have to upload the fix in question.

Well, I've been signing and uploading NMUs for Justin Pryzby. Basically,
this is identical to a NMU by myself when it comes to my own standards
of verifying and testing, but I don't see why I should change the
changelog name if Justin's NMU patches are 100% OK and can be used verbatim.

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/