Re: rpath from `avifile-config --libs`

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 10:26:56PM +0200, Simo Kauppi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While packaging swftools, I noticed that `avifile-config --libs` gives
> -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -laviplay. lintian/linda obviously are not happy
> with rpath.
It is even more annoying because /usr/lib is in the default library
search path.

> I can work around that, but I thought I ask if that should be
> considered a bug in the libavifile-0.7-dev package.
Agree.

> And while I'm at it, what would be the best way around if
> `something-config --libs` gives rpath?
File a bug, and in the interum, pass the output of foo-config through
sed (or use static, manually modified output)?

  # TODO: remove the sed after bug #XXX is closed.
  foo-config |sed -e 's/[^ ]*rpath[^ ]*/ /'

--
Clear skies,
Justin