dvd file structure and installation procedure

Hello,

I would like to say in advance that I am sorry if this was addressed on wrong mail list,

I am new in debian dev in whole , so I would like to know if there are some kind of documents describing debian dvd content hiearchy , installation procedure ( from inside perspective , not installation procedure , but how it works).I know that large parts of knowledge come from all around but I refuse to belive that new developers roam around to find internal working of installation procedure , this is soemthing
that must be documented.

tnx in advance,
Nikola.