Problem with removing rc script

Hello Lars,

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Hello mentors,

I received bug report #339387, and want to solve it in an elegant way.  The
problem is that gnocatan-meta-server used to have an rc script to start it,
but now it's a transitional package (and the script moved with the rest to
pioneers-meta-server).  Appearantly not having the scripts anymore is no
reason for dpkg to remove the symlinks.

So I should do that by hand.  The question is how.  The bug report suggests to
manually do it in the postinst, is that a good idea?  I was thinking of adding
an empty script so it will be removed at package purge.  That way I would be
sure debhelper can do all its magic, and I would be more sure that the Right
Thing(tm) is done.

What is the usual way to solve this situation?

Thanks,
Bas Wijnen