Re: Problematic perl file header and lintian

Norbert Preining wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I need help in fixing the following perl header, since lintian moans
>that shell-script-fails-syntax-check:
>
>#! /bin/sh
>eval '(exit $?0)' && eval 'PERL_BADLANG=x;export PERL_BADLANG;: \
>;exec perl -x -S -- "$0" ${1+"$@"};#'if 0;
>eval 'setenv PERL_BADLANG x;exec perl -x -S -- "$0" $argv:q;#'.q+
>#!perl -w
>package Htex::a2ping; $0=~/(.*)/s;unshift@INC,'.';do($1);die$@if$@;__END__+if !1;
># This Perl script was generated by JustLib2 at Wed Apr 23 09:14:13 2003.
># Don't touch/remove any lines above; http://www.inf.bme.hu/~pts/justlib
>
>I can only say that it definitely works on a lot of systems, finds perl.
>What I tried is removing all the stuff before the perl -w and changing
>it to /usr/bin/perl -w, but this kicks the script into an endless loop.
>Strange.

Try removing everything before #!perl -w, changing that to
#!/usr/bin/perl -w just as you did, and also removing everything after
Package Htex::a2ping; (the weird code starting with $0=. But I didn't
try that.

--
There's small choice in rotten apples.
		-- William Shakespeare, "The Taming of the Shrew"

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@bol.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb