Problematic perl file header and lintian

Hi all!

I need help in fixing the following perl header, since lintian moans
that shell-script-fails-syntax-check:

#! /bin/sh
eval '(exit $?0)' && eval 'PERL_BADLANG=x;export PERL_BADLANG;: \
;exec perl -x -S -- "$0" ${1+"$@"};#'if 0;
eval 'setenv PERL_BADLANG x;exec perl -x -S -- "$0" $argv:q;#'.q+
#!perl -w
package Htex::a2ping; $0=~/(.*)/s;unshift@INC,'.';do($1);die$@if$@;__END__+if !1;
# This Perl script was generated by JustLib2 at Wed Apr 23 09:14:13 2003.
# Don't touch/remove any lines above; http://www.inf.bme.hu/~pts/justlib

I can only say that it definitely works on a lot of systems, finds perl.
What I tried is removing all the stuff before the perl -w and changing
it to /usr/bin/perl -w, but this kicks the script into an endless loop.
Strange.

I attach the full script for your convenience.

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes

Norbert

HODNET (n.)
The wooden safety platform supported by scaffolding round a building
under construction from which the builders (at almost no personal
risk) can drop pieces of cement on passers-by.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff