Re: RFS: irmp3 -- mp3 Jukebox (LIRC support)

Hi Mario!

Mario Iseli Mario Iseli <mario@marioiseli.com>:
> License: GPL

> With irmp3 you can build a mp3-database and control the playback via
> remote control (over LIRC). There are a lot of settings to  change
> and your jukebox is like you want it.
>
> Location: http://server01.marioiseli.com/~mario/dpkgs/irmp3/

Perhaps you should mention, that irmp3 was recently removed from archive
because
it was unmaintained for a long time[1].

If irmp3 enters archive again, you have to deal with some old bugs[2],
some of them
were RC bugs.
Have you tried to reproduce and fix some of them?
Which of them were fixed by new upstream version?
Although the bugs are now closed because irmp3s removing, you should
reopen it
after a new upload or add proper bug fixing messages, if one should stay
closed.

Anyway let me do some remarks on your package:

debian/control:
- If you "Build-Depends" on mpg123, your package have to go into
  contrib. Please read README.Debian of irmp3_0.4.3pre6-3.
  Is it no longer possible to use mpg321 instead?

- You Build-Depend on autotools-dev, but your diff.gz contains
  config.guess.diff and config.sub.diff. It's better to backup the
  original files before configure and link to /usr/share/misc/config.*
  then restore it on clean. So you will get a smaller diff.gz.
  (same applied to irmp3-ncurses)

- Your Build-Depends line misses "lirc".
  You will get without it installed:
  "configure: WARNING: LIRC client library not found - disabling
mod_lirc."
  (mod_lirc sounds important for your package, or isn't it?)

- You could add libmagic-dev to Build-Depends for including mod_magic

- Description should IMO firstly mention, that it is a audio player and
list
  additional features then. The old description were a good base for
write a new one.

- Add "Homepage: " line to description  (same applied to irmp3-ncurses)

debian/copyright:
- You should list all authors with years as copyright holders or point
to a copy of
  AUTHORS file in /usr/share/doc/irmp3.

debian/changelog:
- You should list _all_ changes since previous version here.
  (Yes, there are many in your case.)
  + introduced dpatch support incl. the patches
  + no dirs, new docs file, no README.Debian
  + many changes on files in debian/
  + and any other changes

debian/patches/01-manpages.dpatch:
- you change Jérémy to Jeremy, perhaps he will be unhappy about it.
Please see
  groff_char(7) for better substitution.

debian/rules:
- dh_link is not needed (same applied to irmp3-ncurses)

[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=irmp3

Kindly regards,
Erik

--
 Bitte keine HTML-E-Mails! No HTML mails, please! Limit: 100 kB *