Re: statist - terminal based statistics

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 05:46:23PM -0200, Jakson A. Aquino wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 01:30:06PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > It has to have at least 2 stanzas; the first is for the "source"
> > package, and the rest are for "binary" packages created by that source
> > package.  Maybe check other people's control files for examples.
>
> "2 stanzas": It worked: I put back an empty line that I had
> deleted from the control file!
Deleted from then end?  Most unix editors always put a newline at the
end of a file; what editor are you using?

> The package still need some adjustments (the pdf files were gziped),
> but I think that I'll be able to fix the problems.
You probably shouldn't bother ungzipping them; dh_installdocs may just
rezip them anyway.  You should, however, include doc-base files to
point to documentation.  Check my recent sextractor upload for an
example (and I'm only using it as an example because I know Florian
checked it!).

> I think that I don't need the files below:
>
> dirs
This specifies a list of directories to be created by dh_makedirs; a
convenience thing, so you don't have to mkdir -p a whole bunch of
stuff.  If you don't need it, get rid of it, as well as the
debian/rules call to dh_installdirs.

> postinst.ex preinst.ex postrm.ex prerm.ex
Simple packages don't need these.  They are the "maintainer scripts"

> statist-default.ex
This is to be installed to /etc/default/statist, to specify defaults
for the init script (which you already deleted :); since you don't
need it, delete it.

> compat
You need this one.  I just looked it up earlier today.  Read about
DH_COMPAT in debhelper(7); in the past, one would export DH_COMPAT=4
in debian/rules and be done with it; the problem is that then testing
a debhelper command would do a different thing (assuming DH_COMPAT=1)
if you ran the command manually.  With a file, it does the same thing
and is the recommended way to do it (though, I kind of wish that it
didn't take its own file ..).

--
Clear skies,
Justin