Packaging issues (python app)

Hi,
       Iam tyring to create a deb package from APITest which is python based. It depends in python2.3-twisted and python2.3-elementtree. The original source packages includes a Makefile which inturn calls setup.py on doing "make install". All the installation paths in setup.py are hardcoded so Iam just wondering how we can create deb package from this. I've attahced the source package (apitest-0.2.5+1.tar.gz) and a spec file(apitest.spec) and can anyone please tell me the correct procedure for building such packages?
       Thankyou.