Re: RFS: kmuddy -- advanced MUD client for KDE

On Friday 12 August 2005 02:40 am, Ryan Schultz wrote:
> On Thursday 11 August 2005 10:14 pm, Andrew Saunders wrote:
> > The documentation in doc/en appears to be covered by the terms of the
> > GNU Free Documentation License which is widely considered to be
> > non-free[1]. That docbook file'll need to be either relicensed,
> > removed or split off into its own package in the non-free section
> > before kmuddy can go into main.
> >
> > [1] http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/Position_Statement.html
>
> Thank you; I didn't think to check the documentation license, but that's
> definitely an issue now with GFDL being decided as non-free. I've contacted
> upstream about relicensing -- otherwise, I think there's enough
> documentation there to justify splitting the docs to non-free.

Okay, upstream's main developer has agreed to relicense under a DFSG-free
license -- he has to check with the other documentation author yet, but he
doesn't think it will be a problem. So KMuddy should be green for main as
soon as I get full confirmation, then.

--
Ryan Schultz
-> The meek shall indeed inherit the Earth -- the rest of us will take to the