Re: Request for sponsor: flpsed

Hi Bartosz,

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 12:31:03PM +0200, Morten Brix Pedersen wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hello.
>
>> I already have a flpsed package in unstable. Unfortunately my usual
>> sponsor, Bill Allombert, is unavailable to do a new upload.
>>
>> The new package fixes grave bug #321430 (uninstallable due to C++ ABI
>> transition).
>
> If it fixes it then why don't you close it in changelog entry?

The package was built before that bug was reported. I had in mind to close
the bug manually when the package is uploaded. If you want me to re-built
the package just to update the changelog; I can do that.

> And how you can be sure that it's gonna be rebuilt with new fltk?
> Please put proper version in Build-Depends line. It's possible that some
> autobuilders still have old version of -dev package.

As far as I know, there is no new devel package. Only the binary depend on
libfltk1.1 is needed, which will be filled in automatically by shlibs.
There is nothing to change in build-depends.

> You can also bump your Standards-Version. 3.6.2 is actual.
>
> `zless /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz`

Thanks. I will do this for the next update of the package, but not now.

>> The package can be found at:
>>
>>     http://wtf.dk/~mbp/my_debs/flpsed/flpsed_0.3.5/
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Fix above issues and contact me privately if you still don't have sponsor.

If you still feel that there is problems with the above mentioned issues,
please tell me so.

Thanks.

 - Morten.