Re: RFS: kdar -- Backup and Restore Utility for KDE (the KDE Disk archiver)

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 4:08 am, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > Request for sponsor and/or mentor for the package "kdar".
>
>   Uhm, there seems to be a (perhaps outdated) ITP for it, #221258.
>   Andrew, are you familiar with the RFP/ITP mechanism in Debian? Can you
>   ping the owner of the ITP?

I was unaware of the RFP/ITP policy in Debian.  After reading a little on it,
I'm still slightly confused on what must be done.

I e-mailed the owner of the ITP #221258, Roman Kreisel <roman.kreisel@web.de>,
but received a "Mailzustellung fehlgeschlagen / Mail delivery failed".  I
tried searching for other e-mail addresses associated with his name, but
could not find anything.

If the package is presumably orphaned and no contact can be made with the
owner of the ITP, what is the next step?  Does someone with authority examine
the situation and mark the package as "Orphaned", or is nothing done until
contact can be made with the owner?  Or am I missing the boat completely and
I need to do more reading on Debian's policies?

Sorry for all of the questions.

--
Andrew Bennett
potatosaladx@gmail.com