RFS: kdar -- Backup and Restore Utility for KDE (the KDE Disk archiver)

Hello Mentors,

Request for sponsor and/or mentor for the package "kdar".

Name:  kdar
License:  GNU General Public License (GPL)
Short Description:  Backup and Restore Utility for KDE
Long Description:
  KDar is the KDE Disk Archiver. It is a convenient graphical interface to
  Denis Corbin's libdar archiving and backup C++ library. You can safely
  backup (with compression if you like), view and restore files using KDar,
  along with a few easy UNIX commands for mounting and burning CD-R's, Zip
  and Jazz drives, DVD-R's, floppies, or any other disk-based storage media.
  .
  KDar uses libdar and supports its features, like incremental backups or
  backups using different media. It can also handle filesystem attributes
  like ACL and use filter rules.
Project Homepage:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/kdar/
Old "Kalyxo" Package:  http://ftp.ekhis.org/ekhis/pool/main/k/kdar/
Old "Kalyxo" Version:  2.0.4-1
My Package:  http://potatosalad.gotdns.com/debian/pool/main/k/kdar/
My Version:  2.0.6-1

I tried not to write too much "fluff" in the beginning so that people reading
this can easily see what I'm requesting.

I was introduced to Debian through MEPIS, and immediately began learning
everything I could about Debian and its packaging system.  One of the
utilities included with MEPIS was KDar, which I used to make back-ups on
several occasions.

Eventually, KDar disappeared from later versions of MEPIS and I began to
wonder where my favorite back-up utility had gone.  I did a few searches and
was able to find it on the Kalyxo project's website.  The Kalyxo project
apparently had some difficulties and the remnants of it are now the Ekhis
project (http://www.ekhis.org).

Anyway, KDar still sits at 2.0.4 on their website, while the program has been
actively developed to version 2.0.6.  I got the source for the package and
began fiddling with it while studying the "Debian New Maintainers'
Guide" (http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/).

Built mostly for my own use at first, I built versions 2.0.5-1, 2.0.5-2,
2.0.5-3, and 2.0.6-1.  I fixed a few things that I found wrong: the
"index.docbook" file was being deleted during the build process which caused
it to be absent from the KDE Help Center, some of the paths were incorrect
for things like icons, and the man pages were either out-dated or incorrect.

I really like the KDar program and have yet to find a better GUI program for
doing back-ups on Linux (although I haven't done much searching either).  I
would like to maintain this package and/or receive some council on what I
could do to improve or do differently.  Either way, until I can find someone
else who has continued to package KDar, I'm probably going to continue to
build packages for myself.

Thanks

--
Andrew Bennett