Re: RFS: tvbrowser -- TV-Browser is a java-based TV guide

Hi,

While completely off-topic (at least for -mentors), I still feel the need to
respond to this.

The DFSG defines what free software is.  An important freedom (IMO) is #3, the
freedom to modify the program and distribute modifications.

However, this freedom is pretty useless (to people who want to use exclusively
free software) if the modified source needs a non-free compiler.  That is the
reason (I suppose) that a non-free Build-depends: will land a package in
contrib.  It may be free, but not all of the freedoms can be used.

I very much value (in GNU's words) "The freedom to study how the program
works, and adapt it to your needs".  Therefore none of my sources.lists have
contrib in them.  I don't want to use a program, just to find that I cannot
reasonably modify it when I feel the need to do so.

Bye,
Bas Wijnen