howto get rid of native-package-with-dash-version?

Hi Mentors,

I'm packing my first debian-package from scratch and have nearly eliminated
all lintian- and linda- warnings/errors. All but one and I have absolutely
no idea how to fix it.

When building the package lintian says: native-package-with-dash-version

I've googled around but I'm still not sure what actually the problem is.

Maybe someone can guess the problem, when I try to bring all relavant
informations.

(1) I've downloaded a sourcefile named "tvbrowser_v1.1Alpha2_cvs.zip"

(2) After unzipping it, I had a directory named "tvbrowser_v1.1Alpha2" which
is of course not acceptable for dh_make.

(3) So i renamed the dir to "tvbrowser-1.1+cvs20050622"

When i debuild the package, the following files are created:

tvbrowser_1.1+cvs20050622-1_i386.deb
tvbrowser_1.1+cvs20050622-1.tar.gz
tvbrowser_1.1+cvs20050622-1.dsc
tvbrowser_1.1+cvs20050622-1_i386.build
tvbrowser_1.1+cvs20050622-1_i386.changes

Can somebody give me a hint which step was wrong or where to fix this
lintian-warning?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Bastian