Re: debian directory included in upstream

also sprach Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <ekalin@bol.com.br> [2005.04.12.2327 +0200]:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2005/04/msg00106.html ). The
> debian/ directory is in CVS, naturally.

Use a branch!

> It is currently distributed in the .tar.gz file. Should it be
> removed?

Yes, in my opinion. Keep it in a separate branch.

> This would make things more difficult for me, because in the case
> of a new version, I would need to untar the new .tar.gz file and
> then copy the debian/ directory from CVS.

An alternative is to keep it in the tarball and create an empty
.diff.gz. This may be okay if maintainer == author. However, if the
author is upstream, it makes no sense.

`. `'`

"arthur slapped his arms about himself to try and get his
 circulation a little more enthusiastic about its job."
                                 -- hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy