Re: dealing with FTBFS issues on sparc/mipsel/etc as a non-DD?

In article <[🔎] 1113032550.2122.27.camel@localhost> you write:
>I've a sponsored package in debian (nsis) that recently got through NEW.
>Immediately after this, I got an amd64 FTBFS bug that thankfully came
>with a patch (immediately applied and fwded upstream). I note that the
>sparc and mipsel buildds also FTBFS[1] for different reasons to amd64.
>As a non-DD, the only sparc machines I have access to are the solaris
>boxen in the sourceforge compile farm. I've tested the relevant parts of
>the build process there, without any luck - they succeed.
>
>So, my question is, how do I deal with this, since this will hold my
>package out of testing indefinitely?

Failing to build on an architecture that it has never been built on is
not release-critical and will not keep your package out of testing.
You should expect to get non-release-critical bugs about it however.

Generally, you can ask for help on the architecture specific lists
like debian-sparc.  (Ask for cc if you arn't subscribed.)  In the case
of sparc, I could help debug it.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html