Re: RFC: cycle (calendar program for women, written in python)

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:07:15AM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:

> Setting up cycle (0.3.0-1) ...
> /usr/share/cycle/msg/msgfmt.py:86: FutureWarning:
> hex/oct constants >
> sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4
> and up
>   0x950412de,        # Magic
> /usr/share/cycle/msg/msgfmt.py:86: FutureWarning:
> hex/oct constants >
> sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4
> and up
>   0x950412de,        # Magic
>
> It seems to be some kind of check in python probably
> added by dh_python. Is it an upstream bug or something
> in my package? Apart from that, the package seems to
> work OK in the 2 computers I've tested it.

You can safely ignore this warning. It is issued when the python source
code is byte compiled (using code from dh_python). It is issued twice
because the bytecode is produced in both optimized (.pyc) and optimized
(.pyo) version in the postinst script.

--
Alexandre Fayolle                              LOGILAB, Paris (France).