Re: reassigning bugs

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 01:46:02PM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 11:41:32PM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> >   reassign libgtk2.0-0, sawfish
> >   thanks
>
> What's this actually supposed to do? I can't find any information about
> this syntax in the BTS documentation. Do you mean something like (or is
> this an undocumented feature):
>
> clone xxx -1
> reassign xxx libgtk2.0-0
> reassign -1 sawfish

Those two are different. The latter means having two bugs, distinctly
solveable, being destinct issues. The first one means having ONE bug,
assigned to multiple packages, for example because it's unclear who's
fault it is, or it's really a cooperation issue. For example, if you
just don't know what package is at fault, you should not clone (there
are not two issues), but just make the bug appear on both bugpages, so
the maintainers can together sort out what to do with it.

This should be better documented indeed, but most if not all tools
support this feature (comma-separated list of packages in the 'package'
field).

Example: #34079

--Jeroen

--