Re: CDBS and DESTDIR

Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote on 22/03/2005 17:45:
Hi

Arjan Oosting wrote:

Op di, 22-03-2005 te 12:04 -0300, schreef Nelson A. de Oliveira:

I have used that because I saw on a debian-mentors list archive.
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/07/msg00392.html)

Even when using
DEB_MAKE_INSTALL_TARGET := install DESTDIR=$(DEB_DESTDIR)
I had no sucess.

This should work, but are you sure the upstream Makefile of your package
understands DESTDIR? If not you should patch the upstream Makefile.
Maybe you could send the upstream Makefile so we can have a look?

OK.
The original Makefile is available here:
http://biolinux.df.ibilce.unesp.br/naoliv/cdbs/Makefile

Since it doesn't have DESTDIR, I have created a patch (available here:
http://biolinux.df.ibilce.unesp.br/naoliv/cdbs/01-makefile.diff)

Your Patch adds DESTDIR support to the install target, but it cleans DESTDIR by setting it to the empty string. Remove the "DESTDIR=" line from the patched Makefile should do the trick. There are alternatives to simply not setting DESTDIR in the Makefile such as only setting it when it is currently empty, but that doesn't make sense for DESTDIR under normal circumstances.

cu,
sven