Re: midentd adoption and seeking a mentor

On 03/08/2005 07:01 AM, liz wrote:
Greetings,

My apologies for the duplicate email.

My name is Liz and I am interested in adopting midentd if it is still available. Since I am new to the maintainer process I suspect I will need a mentor/sponsor. I have been working with Linux for eight years or so. I am currently a Sr Linux admin for a company in Seattle ( Large web hosting company) I formally worked with the Slashdot team as their Sr Network Engineer/ Linux admins. I have worked at several large companies and have always tried to make a case for Debian ( Currently I am attempting to move boxes from White box to Debian)

I would like to help with Debian and learn more about the dynamics that contribute to its success as a stable and secure distribution.

You should start by talking to the maintainer and submitting an ITA to the WNPP[1].

Then you can start working on the package, get it into shape, fix bugs, etc.

Once you have a new version ready you can post a RFS to this list. "The debian-mentors FAQ"[2] explains how to do this.

Before even attempting to make a package please read some documentation[3]. Specially the "Debian Policy Manual".

Thanks for offering to help!

K.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
[2] http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html
[3] http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/

--
Lucas Wall <kthulhu@kadath.com.ar>      .''`.
Buenos Aires, Argentina                : :ø :   Debian GNU/Linux