Re: after the new maintenainer guide

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 17:34 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Do you now understand?

No. But dont anger please:-)

> You said you wanted to compile apache and php.

Yes.

> Why?  And why do you need to modify the rules?  I guess you want some
> special ./configure --options?

Yes, I need special ./configure --options. They are specified in the
rules file. Apache is a daemon, the debian new maintainer guide does not
cover building daemons package. I'm looking for some document covering
that.

I also want to try to make debian packages for libtheora and mldonkey on
_sparc_ so I need to know how to recompile library.

All of these are existents packages for x86, I just need to make some
changes to the packages source to port them to another architecture.

But before, I need to fetch the package source, and spread/unpack it in
a directory to modify the desc file and so on...
--
ASPO Infogérance       http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance
Unofficial FAQ fcolc   http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/