Re: after the new maintenainer guide

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 06:46:50PM +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to learn building multiple binaries package and libraries.
> As well as the Debian maintainer guide just covers single binary package
> and no library, I would like your advices on any document teaching what
> I want to learn.
You should read the Library Packaging Guide [0], and send you comments
to the author.  People would like to see this become (or be integrated
into) the official documentation, but the language is sometimes
unclear.

Multiple binary packages are just a matter of putting multiple
Packages: lines in debian/control, and putting the files in the proper
heirarchy ./debian/package-name/.

> Also, I want to learn recompiling php and apache from debian
> official source packages, and I dont know yet how to.
apt-get -b source will always work; or use debian/rules binary, or
dpkg-buildpackage, or debuild, etc.

Justin