Re: Question about the executable filename

"Nelson A. de Oliveira" <n3150nao@bol.com.br> schrieb:

> Hi mentors!
>
> If one program has it's binary name like this "WMAnsiEd", with capital
> letters. Do I have to install it to /usr/bin/WMAnsiEd or
> /usr/bin/wmansied ?

I can't see a reason why a binary name could not contain capital
letters.  It's maybe unusal, but not _so_ unusal:

$ X TAB TAB
X        X11      Xdialog  XFree86  Xmark    Xnest    Xprt     Xvfb

Other letters don't have so many, there's MakeTeXPK, WindowMaker,
WPrefs, and some strange all-capital commands on my system.

> And about the manual page? WMAnsiEd.1 or wmansied.1?

Use the same spelling as for the binary.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich