Re: Remove an ITP

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 02:36:49PM +0100, Nico Golde wrote:
> Hallo Claudio,
>
> * Claudio Moratti <maxer@knio.it> [2005-12-22 14:27]:
> [...]
> > Now I'd like to remove these two ITPs (k9copy depends on vamps) but...
Could you point me to the discussion about why vamps can't be in
Debian?

> > sending two emails to #bugnumber-done@bugs.debian.org with a short description
> > of this situation could be a reasonable solution? Or I've to rename this ITP
> > to a RFP (but this is, imho, useless)?
>
> Its your decision :) If you think someone will package it in
> the future cause its useful rename it with a short comment
> to RFP if not or if there is a reason why it should not go
> into the debian pool just remove it via
> #bugnumber-done@bugs.debian.org
Or, get it listed in the "cannot be packaged list".  I don't know what
the correct procedure for this is; I would suggest filing a bug
against www.debian.org, and someone who knows more will correct you if
there's a better way :)

--
Clear skies,