Re: RFS: sysinfo -- simple GNU/Linux program that displays computer/system information

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 09:18 -0600, Carlo Segre wrote:
This raises a question.  If I have been packaging some software for some
time and finally decide to get it into Debian, should I wipe out the
entire changelog, remove any epochs that might have been used, etc?

My guess is yes because one would not want to imply that there were
previous versions in the Debian archives.  Any thoughts?
I think the changelog is important, so do not delete it. But the epoch
should go IMHO for the initial Debian package release, you can use
Conflicts/Replaces to help upgrading.

how would you suggest to do that unless I change the package name?

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology