Re: RFS: sysinfo -- simple GNU/Linux program that displays computer/system information

Mario Iseli <mario@marioiseli.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 14:13 +0100, Adriaan Peeters wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am looking for a sponsor for sysinfo [1], detailed info below. I
>> already have two packages in Debian: dnstop and sipcalc.
> Hi, i'm not yet a DD. Because i'm sick i have time to review your
> package and i found some mistakes.
> in your diff:
> --- sysinfo-0.6.1.orig/src/Makefile.in
> +++ sysinfo-0.6.1/src/Makefile.in
> This is wrong!!

> you may not change anything at the orig! If you have to
> apply some changes you should use dpatch and apply the patches by
> debian/rules.

While it is common practice to use dpatch or other patch systems, it is
by no means required.  Just look at the policy, it doesn't even talk
about this.

> debian/changelog:
>   * Initial Debian Release (Closes: 333680)
> This makes no sense, it is a debian package so the "debian" can be
> ommited, the rest is ok.

If Adriaan previously published deb packages in his local repository, it
might well make sense to speak of an initial Debian release.

Regards, Frank
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich
Debian Developer