Re: statist - terminal based statistics program

Hi, Jakson..

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 14:41, Jakson A. Aquino wrote:
> I would like to add a small statistics software to Debian
> official packages. Statist home page currently is on:
>
>   http://www.usf.uos.de/~breiter/tools/statist/index.en.html
>
> Soon we will have a new release of statist (1.3.1)

May I assume that you are actually the (upstream) developer of
the software and want to provide a Debian package for it?

Please read: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

> [...]
> 5) Run the script "create_deb_rpm.sh".

I have never heard of such a shell script yet.

> Can anyone help me? I think I need a sponsor...

Sponsors would upload your ready package. But - please don't be offended -
your package seems to have a way to go still. If you don't like to get
deeper into Debian package building that's okay. Just find someone who
creates a package for your developed software. In that case you would file
an RFP (request for package) but against the "wnpp" pseudo package. That
way you will hopefully find a potential package maintainer.

If you like to maintain the package yourself then please start by reading
the New Maintainer's Guide which I told you the link for above.

Regards
 Christoph
--
~