Re: handling of duplicate bts entries

* Justin Pryzby [Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:44:20 -0400]:
> I can't see any reason not to close one
> of them (probably with a message: "closing one of duplicate bugs; #x,
> #y", to be parsed by the submitter).

  If you merge them, both submitters will get the "fixed in version x.y"
  mail. If you close one, you leave one of the submitters having to poll
  the BTS to see if it's fixed, or to learn about bug subscription
  (which, if he managed to submit a duplicate bug report in the first
  place, is quite unlikely to happen).

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Nobody can be exactly like me.  Sometimes even I have trouble doing it.
                -- Tallulah Bankhead