Re: python "rpm" module package
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: python "rpm" module package
- From: Justin Pryzby <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:09:51 -0400
- Message-id: <20051019190951.GA14273@andromeda>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:03:11PM +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> I want to make a debian package of 'yum'.
> The goal is not to manage Debian with yum: I just need to host a yum
> repository on a debian server, and I need some utils embeded in yum.
> (the equivalents of dpkg-scanpackages ans dpkg-scansources).
> The problem is yum cant import a "rpm" module:
> root-debian# yum
> There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
> required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
> No module named rpm
> I looked at the packages.debian.org website and thought
> "python2.x-rpm" would be my solution but after install:
> So that I see rpm.py does not exist.
> Would you know where and how could I install this one?
I used packages.d.o to confirm that that file does not exist in (at
least) the unstable suite. You might have to package that, too.