python "rpm" module package

Hi,

I want to make a debian package of 'yum'.
The goal is not to manage Debian with yum: I just need to host a yum
repository on a debian server, and I need some utils embeded in yum.
(the equivalents of dpkg-scanpackages ans dpkg-scansources).

The problem is yum cant import a "rpm" module:

root-debian# yum
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
   No module named rpm

I looked at the packages.debian.org website and thought
"python2.x-rpm" would be my solution but after install:

root-debian# updatedb; locate rpm.py
/usr/lib/python2.2/distutils/command/bdist_rpm.py
/usr/lib/python2.2/distutils/command/bdist_rpm.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.2/distutils/command/bdist_rpm.pyo
/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/command/bdist_rpm.py
/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/command/bdist_rpm.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.3/distutils/command/bdist_rpm.pyo
/usr/lib/python2.4/distutils/command/bdist_rpm.py
/usr/lib/python2.4/distutils/command/bdist_rpm.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.4/distutils/command/bdist_rpm.pyo

So that I see rpm.py does not exist.
Would you know where and how could I install this one?

Thank you.

PS: I crossposted to -python and -mentors, feel free to follow up where
you want.
--
Administration & Formation à l'administration
de serveurs dédiés: